Thursday, April 7, 2011

Walkers, 16 N. Moore St., Manhattan

Guided as usual by NFT, we walked to Walkers in Tribeca. It was not, incidentally, on the corner NFT said it was on. Sometimes I have creeping doubts about NFT. Anyway, Pat knew vaguely where he was, pointing out restaurants and bars he had frequented with our friend Matt a couple weeks ago. Pat has become something of a Tribexpert. Ha ha ha!!

The layout of Walkers is odd. When we walked in it looked totally packed, but a waitress informed us that the host station was at the back. I elbowed my way there, passing a drunk gentleman who said "Hello, gorgeous," extended his hand, and introduced himself as Jeff. I kept moving. It turns out there are two rooms behind the bar, and Pat and I were seated immediately.

Our food was decent. I had a chicken sandwich with a very pleasing salsa and oozing cheese, and a side of mashed potatoes. Pat cobbled together a meal of seafood stew (lots of nice seafood), chili (nicely spicy), and fries (good, but too many remainder pieces). Jeff lurched past at some point, on his way to and from the restroom; he did not acknowledge our very special moment earlier. The waiter was nice. I have to say I did not find the food "surprisingly" good as NFT promised, but it was fine.

No comments: