Sunday, September 18, 2011

Four Seasons Thai Restaurant, 612 Amsterdam Ave., Manhattan

I spent so much time away from New York in the latter half of the summer that it seems like a million years between popping into Four Seasons, on the Upper West Side, and whatever my last new restaurant experience was (I don't even remember, although of course you can just scroll down!). It is nice to be back. Pat's and my honeymoon in California and Hawaii was wonderful, and I loved seeing all my old friends in Washington, but my day-to-day life since coming to New York is like most people's idea of a vacation, so no regrets about returning to "ordinary."

I was in the UWS for a doctor's appointment and was super-hungry, and Four Seasons was right there, and next thing you know I was ordering the lunch special (soup, salad, and an entree) for $6.95, and next thing you know after THAT, I was deliriously shoveling forkful after forkful of red curry into my mouth. It didn't even look good, when it arrived on my table. But it WAS good, really really good, and a big portion to boot. For $7! That is what I'm talkin' about, yaknowwhatumsane?

No comments: