Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bon Chon Chicken, 104 John St., Manhattan

Having resolved to never again eat out alone, I turned last night to my trusty sidekick SeamlessWeb for some fried chicken and french fries from Bon Chon on John, in the Financial District.

The chicken was crispy and had a delicious sauce on it. The fries were plentiful and good. I was happy. Delivery was under 45 minutes, from half a mile away.

Today I made my first-ever trip to Queens. My friends Adriana and Todd, whom I know from Washington, were passing through New York with their kids on their way from their home in North Carolina to vacation in Italy. They have several New York friends so a gathering was designed at the Sunnyside home of their friend Dan, an artist and musician with a broken ankle and a heart of gold. Well, a broken ankle, anyway. I just met him so I can't vouch for his heart, but it sounded poetic, didn't it?

Queens apparently has great restaurants but I was not there to taste the local fare; I was there to see old friends and insist that my old friends' friends (Dan, Sophie and Jack) become my friends too. Before I even met them, I invited them to the party Pat and I are throwing on July 9.

The reunion/friend-conscription was fun. Bagels and sausages were consumed. A walk was made to a park and children were drenched under sprinklers. Songs were sung and pictures were taken.

No comments: