Sunday, June 12, 2011

Luke's Lobster, 26 S. William St., Manhattan

You already know that Pat and I are obsessed with Luke's Lobster, but I'm making a new entry for it because they opened a new location, in the Financial District, just a couple blocks from our apartment only two days ago, and obviously we went, and obviously we will go over and over and over again. Our lobster roll worship knows no bounds.

We weren't quite sure where it was so we were hesitating on a street corner, and a passerby helpfully asked where we were going. My first reaction was chagrin because I thought "do I look like a tourist?" but then just as I got over that, I adopted skepticism because there was no way this samaritan would know where the brand-new Luke's Lobster was, but I asked him anyway. And lo and behold, he and his companion had JUST COME FROM LUKE'S, and they pointed us down the block, and as a bonus I got to pet their puppy too. Let that be a lesson to me about cynicism.

Being brand new, Luke's was practically empty! Pat and I are priding ourselves on being one of the first on the scene lately (see the post on Shake Shack). Trendsetters, we are. Now how do we prevent the word from leaking out? (You might argue that blogging about it is counterproductive, but then you would be vastly overestimating this blog's readership.)

No comments: