Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Champ's Deli, 71 Broadway, Manhattan

This deli is wickedly close to where we live in the Financial District, so I have tried it on a couple recent occasions.

The first time, I had a ham and fresh mozzarella panino, on focaccia with sundried tomatoes. It was really mouthwatering.

The second time, I used SeamlessWeb to order a small make-your-own spinach salad with chinese noodles, fresh mozzarella, broccoli, avocado, and Russian dressing. When I went to pick it up, they realized I had ordered at their other location (30 Broad St.) but said they'd bring it right over - and sure enough, it showed up about 3 minutes later! So A+ for service.

As for the salad itself, the application of dressing was very generous, which I liked, but I prefer spinach salads made with baby spinach - these were huge coarse leaves, which could also have been more finely chopped. And for an $1.00 each, they could have thrown in a bit more avocado and the mozzarella. Overall an okay choice, but not great.

No comments: