Thursday, May 19, 2011

Nu Sushi, 76 Pearl St., Manhattan

Another rainy New York day, another SeamlessWeb order. Pat asked if I had ordered before from Nu Sushi, in the Financial District, and I confessed that as with recipes, even when I find restaurants I like, I am nonetheless compelled to try new ones anyway. What if there's a better one out there?

But I chose very well this time, and will need to return! My New Roll (tuna, avocado, eel) was outstanding, with great quality fish and avocado. My mouth waters just at the memory of eating it last night. Likewise, my piece of yellowtail sushi was out of this world - a perfect, delicious, huge slab of fish with just a hint of wasabi over the rice. Mmmmmm. Pat's California Roll was nothing special, although it was quite sizeable. And the best part - it arrived in less than 20 minutes! We're about half a mile from the restaurant.

I wonder if the size of the yellowtail was related to how late it was (almost 9:00 PM) - perhaps they had sushi to unload at the end of the day. This seems like it could be a tasty formula to remember, if I can wait that long to get dinner.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Update: I have ordered from Nu Sushi again. My New Roll was just as divine as the first time, and I got a salmon roll that was very undistinguished. But it arrived in 15 MINUTES! I am kind of in love with this place.