Saturday, May 28, 2011

Company, 230 9th Ave., Manhattan

Pat and I went to the High Line on a delightful summery afternoon yesterday. I had given it a quick inspection back in the wintery months, but it was a joy to see it all green, and recognize the genius of how the cement was laid into the greenery. It was clogged with people but I couldn't begrudge them the pleasure we experienced. When we got to the end, at 20th St., we learned that it will actually be extended to be twice as long in June.

We had dinner afterward at Company (Co.), in Chelsea, an NFT recommendation. We started with a mouthwatering veal meatball appetizer with many beefy slices of bread; this could have sufficed as an entree. The pizzas were darned good as well. I had the Boscaiola, with pepper flakes, caramelized onions, aged mozzarella and sausage. Pat was not 100% happy with his "ham & cheese" pizza, with slices of prosciutto laid across the top; he thought the slices should have been cut up more but I'd have been unfazed.

My ginger lime soda was spicy and tasty; Pat's Six Point draft was delicious but pricey: $8!

No comments: