Wednesday, March 23, 2011

2nd Yo Sushi, 351 2nd Ave., Manhattan

I have been waiting patiently for spring. Okay, that's a lie. I don't wait patiently for anything, especially when I've been staticky and itchy since November, but in any case I feel utterly betrayed by the snow and sleet today. Where in the sam hell is spring?

I refused to go outside for lunch so I took my second stab at Seamless Web, and chose 2nd Yo Sushi, in Gramercy, based on high viewer ratings. It was okay. I wasn't thrilled with the pureed texture of the tuna in my spicy tuna roll, but my eel and avocado roll was better, pleasantly flavorful. The delivery was very prompt, 30 minutes after I placed my order. The delivery guy was all wet. I was nice and dry.

I forgot to note a funny incident yesterday. I get asked directions everywhere I go in New York. I apparently look like someone who has been here more than 3 weeks. Rarely can I be of assistance, but I was able to confirm for a guy yesterday that he was on the right side of the subway platform, and as he thanked me and walked away, he called out, "you look cool!" This was clearly a reference to the citified Dick Tracy hat I've been sporting. Strangers never told me I looked cool before I bought my fantastic hat. It made my day.

No comments: