Thursday, March 24, 2011

Bao Noodles, 391 2nd Ave., Manhattan

I am becoming a Seamless Web regular. I love picking the food from the online menus, and then it shows up at my door, pure and simple. Many of the online reviews at Seamless Web complain about the delivery times but I've gotten my food within the specified, perfectly reasonable window each of three times now.

Today's order came from Bao Noodles in Gramercy. The grilled pork sandwich was great: a perfect combination of veggies, tasty meat, and spicy mayo, on good bread. And $4.95 is a nice price for a hearty sandwich. I ordered the sticky rice with chicken just out of curiosity. It was, indeed, very sticky, and I liked that, but the flavor was bland. It was better with a touch of the pepper sauce on it. The grilled chicken vermicelli was not so good. The chicken quality was pretty poor and none of the other elements were terribly compelling. We're not sure how hot it was supposed to be, but it didn't arrive hot. The shrimp summer rolls were heavy on the lettuce, but otherwise good.

No comments: